We weren't sure how the Queen would handle this new arrangement. She is very possessive of me. However, we were surprised.
The first day, the Queen was beside herself with joy at having another baby to play with! When she saw Liz, she immediately crawled over and began to giggle. She gave plenty of hugs and kisses, and liked it best if I held them both at the same time.
Especially to be comforted.
First day done. Whew! We managed without any fits of jealousy.
The next day was a little more difficult. It was one of my longer days at school. I was gone from 10am until 4 pm. The Queen is struggling with this new arrangement, as she is used to having me home, not daddy. After my class finished, I came home with apprehension. When I walked in, Liz cried to let me know she wanted me to hold her. I looked around for my Queen, but she was taking a nap. So I settled in with Liz. After 15 minutes, the Queen woke up. I held her in my green rocking chair (I do love this chair) until she sufficiently woke up. She saw B. holding Liz and immediately wanted to play. B. gave me Liz and the Queen was satisfied. Until, she was on the floor and realized that I was holding Liz. B. and I switched so I could comfort the Queen. She looked around and saw B. holding Liz and immediately began to scream again. We, like any parents, figured that she didn't want either of us to hold another baby. We again switched. After she began screaming again, we decided to try having B. hold both of them. It was then that we realized the Queen was not freaking out because she wanted us, she was freaking out because she wanted Liz! So much for jealousy.
The Queen really liked to taste Liz. Liz didn't exactly appreciate it.
We needed to separate them again. At this moment, we experienced another of the Queen's firsts--she walked!! Okay, just kidding. She threw her first tantrum! B. and I clapped appropriately to celebrate the occasion. She didn't appreciate our joy.
Now we know the truth of our existence. We are boring. Thank goodness the Queen has some siblings on the way!
6 comments:
Amber your hair looks great!! When did you change the color?
AMBER!!!!! I love love love your new cut! The style is darling, so hip, lol, and the color! WOW! So beautiful my friend. But really...no matter what you do with your hair, your true beauty always shines thru. I know that you are so sick still, and I want you to know that we are praying for you! We love you!
I have a feeling Emily will love being a big sister. Aren't you glad that you got to see how she interacts with another baby? Anyways, your new hair looks great. Short hair's always a summer plus!
I love how much Ben was enjoying the little tantrum, that is truly funny. You do look great Amber.
We love your hair! Hope it bakes barfing a little easier:) And that is one gigantic 4-month old!!!!!! Am I keeping up on diaper sizes for Emmy? GGMEL
Cute pictures! That's great that you got a little preview of what two will be like! I hope the sickness is getting better...
Post a Comment