Header

Header

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mothers Know Best


A very tough day
Have you ever had one of those terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days?  The Queen has. All week.
She not only are her two front teeth breaking through, but she also has continued trouble from her stomach bug.
She would like to tell you to stop being happy. She does not want to see your smiles, feel your hugs, or stand your kisses. She would rather sit in mommy's lap and tell the world how miserable she is.


Post-dinner pain
Of course, I understand. In fact, I remember feeling that way for the first 27 weeks I was pregnant with her. And the first 20 weeks of her brother's pregnancy. I. completely. relate. to. her. pain.
This is why she has been connected to my hip. This is why I have not been able to update the blog. This is why our house has been in a constant state of half dirty/half clean.
This is why I am her mother. So that when she is in pain, or just doesn't feel well, I can stop the other non-essential duties and tend to her needs. I know my mother did that for me--thanks!--and I plan to continue doing the same thing for the Queen and her brother.
Aren't you grateful for your mother?

4 comments:

Tyler and Carisa said...

I'm SO grateful for my mother!! She was/is the hardest working individual I've ever had a privileged to be around. I realize more and more how much I have to learn to be that kind of mother.

Sounds like you're on your way though. =D Kids won't remember that time the dishes didn't get done, but they will remember that night you stayed up with them when they had a fever.

Charlotte said...

I love how just holding them helps them feel better, even if you can't sure what ails them!

The Two of Us said...

You two are such great parents. In a few years, prepare yourselves for lots of phone calls seeking advice :)

I hope that the little one is feeling better. There's something going around, even in CA.

Munson Family said...

I do remember those days and even now when I really want to clean the bathroom and sweep and mop the floor and Alivia wants me to sit down with her to read or just sit. I do and then I tell my self I will get to the other things later. I even do that with Brody when I was watching him today when Raul took Autumn out. He needed me to just sit and hold him while he was sleeping,so I did and put off the laundry for later.Your starting out on the right track. I love you all. Love ya,Mom