Part 1: The Name
We have been thinking and praying hard about what to name our little boy. We finally narrowed our choices to two names and figured we would choose at birth what to call him. That situation changed a few weeks ago. Since this was a very personal and spiritual experience, I wasn't quite ready to share it with the world. Now, I am.
While going through a particularly rough patch a few weeks ago, I felt prompted to ask for a blessing from Mr. B. This blessing provided me with direction, answers, and hope. It also gave us a name.
In the process of blessing me and our unborn son, my husband felt prompted to call him a name. But, feeling it overstepped his bounds to say it without consulting me, he paused and referred to him as our baby boy. After the blessing he informed me the reason behind his pause.
He felt inspired to call our son Andrew.
This name was not one of our two names, so the inspiration was puzzling. However, after he told me, I felt the same assurance that this is the name for our son.
For this blog's purposes, hereafter he will be referred to as "Manly". You can see why by clicking here and here. These links also give insight into how powerful the name "Andrew" really is. (Thank you Grampa Thom for the links!!)
If you are shocked, so are we. In fact, I am still getting used to calling him Andrew. I cannot, however, deny the promptings of the Spirit.
Oh, and, for his middle name? We are still deciding.
Part 2: The Queen
The Queen is amazing. I know I haven't said that recently (y'know, like in the last 10 minutes). She babbles constantly. Her chatter is very animated. I may not know what she is trying to say 95% of the time, but she sure keeps up a running commentary on something important.
Might I add that I am so happy to be home with her all the time? She is so fun to play with. She keeps me company while I clean the kitchen, bathroom, fold the laundry, make our bed, clean her room. Yes, she goes with me everywhere. I love it!
The Queen and I have begun taking daily walks. Long walks. After being in the house all day, she appreciates the beauty of the Fall colors, the cars, and all the people outside.
As for eating, the Queen is a big girl. She eats breakfast, lunch, and dinner with us. She, like most normal people, prefers fruit over vegetables. I have had to go to some creative lengths to include vegetables in her daily diet. It is a struggle, let me tell you. If you have any advice, I would appreciate it.
I think that having me around all day has been something the Queen has gotten used to. Since I never leave her anymore, she doesn't really know what its like without me here. So, tonight I decided to go to the store alone while Mr. B was home. It killed me. I was only gone for a few minutes, but I felt like I deserted her. It didn't help the Mr. B said she was sad when I left.
Perhaps she looked a little like this.
I think that Mr. B has the hard part. He has to be gone all day. He misses little moments like the following.
His sacrifice does not go unnoticed. I appreciate all the time he puts forth studying. Medical school is a tought route. I am amazed by how hard he has to work in order to keep good grades. I am proud to be his wife.
Part 3: The Pregnancy
I am huge. Really huge. I feel like my belly is stretched to the max.
Have you ever craved sleep? That is how I am right now. When I am not sleeping I fantasize about laying in my bed. I sleep about 8-9 hours every night, take a long morning nap (with the Queen), and still feel like I need more. It is an addiction.
My solution? Walks. Yes, the reason why the Queen and I began walking was to help me gain more energy. May sound strange- gain more energy through a draining walk? Really, though, I feel able to accomplish the necessary household tasks after my rejuvenating walk. Plus, it gives the Queen an opportunity to go outside and get fresh air. We both need it.
I love being a stay-at-home mom. Mr. B and I have an arrangement that is perfect. Now that I have the time to cook dinner, I cook during the week. He takes over on the weekends. I keep up on the housework during the week, he does it on the weekends. I love it.
Being 8 months pregnant is very draining. My body does not bend. It can't bend. Trust me. Even with these restraints, I am so glad that I am feeling pretty great. I can cook, eat, and keep the house clean. I can take care of the Queen and 3 other kids during the week. I feel like my life is relaxed. Compared to going to school? Right now, my life is a piece of cake.
May I always remember that.
2 comments:
i love this post. i love the name, i love the update on your baby girl, and i love hearing that you are happy! although i have to admit that reading these posts make me a little bit baby hungry. i want another! :)
Andrew is a wonderful name. I've never met an Andrew I didn't like. :) I quite admire your ability to always focus on the good things happening in your life. That's the way to do it. Keep it up. :)
Post a Comment