The Queen has has found even more delightful trash can delicacies.
She is also most difficult to photograph. She is busy and does not have time to slow down so mommy can take a decent picture of her. So, I end up with these.
Unless she is tired. Then, I get the precious moments.
The Queen is keeping very busy while her mommy struggles with pregnancy pains.
I have not kept up with posting because of some recent developments. I think I have mentioned my contractions. Now I am going to do more than briefly mention them, I am going to complain. Warning: this is very negative.
For you women out there, think about your worst menstrual cramps you have ever had. Those are how my contractions feel, except more painful and intense. They will start mid-morning, once or twice an hour. By dinner time, they will have increased to two or three an hour. By 6 or 7pm, they will come every 7-10 minutes. I will lay down and try to breathe through them. They will inevitably slow down by midnight and stop for a couple hours. The process will begin again the next day.
So, every night I monitor them and wonder if I should go to the hospital. This wouldn't be so bad if it didn't happen EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. I only think about calling the doctor when it is after hours and I hate calling when it isn't an emergency. So, I decide to wait until it gets bad. Then it will stop and I will forget to call the next day.
The difficult part is keeping up on housework. I am bed ridden after dinner and cannot do the dishes. Plus, laundry and every other little thing gets neglected until our house looks trashed. I am getting so frustrated. It is getting to the point where I don't see any ending. I sit and cry during the day and at night and wonder when it will be over.
Thus, these developments have inhibited my ability to post. Frankly, it hurts to sit up and I only do so when I have to.
This is why my blog is out of commission, temporarily.
8 comments:
Oh, I am sorry to hear that! I'm totally happy to come over and clean your house and make dinner or whatever you need! I just don't know where you live...
Seriously, give me a call! :)
I understand contractions. I had the same thing for a few days before Korben got here, it's so frustrating wondering if you should call the doctor or go to the hospital. And even worse when they finally abate a little and you feel a little let down cause he's not here yet.
I'm so sorry!
If you need anything please don't hesitate to call, we can have Emily come over and play or we can come over and help with a little housework. It would be a pleasure.
Hope everything gets better or he get's here! 37 weeks is full term!
Hang in there, Amber. We are with you.
Oh my. I am so sorry. It sounds just terrible!! I haven't experience that kind of pain with pregnancy (yet...) but I have had other medical issues that have left me debilitated, and it is so frustrating and I often felt helpless.
Only a few more weeks! The end is in sight. I'll be praying for you!
Hang in there Amber. When I was pregnant with Ben, up to 2 weeks before he entered the world, I would experience something similar to what you are going through. It would start when I would lay down to go to sleep and stop as soon as I got up!
I am sorry you are frustrated but as you know, the end result will be very much worth it.
Love ya!
Aunt Kim
Don't worry, you are soooo close to your due date- the contractions won't last for much longer. You've gone through 8 1/2 months of pregnancy. You can do it!
Congratulations on Andrew!! No more labor pains:)
Oh man Amber, that's awful. The blog is a great place to vent. It shouldn't be allowed to feel like you're in labor for days or weeks at a time! You've at least made me grateful that my contractions aren't nearly that bad. Being pregnant with another kid to chase around is a whole new ballgame, isn't it? GOOD LUCK and hang in there!
Post a Comment