Header

Header

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Perfecltly Unperfect Life

I am a stay-at-home mom. I am a stay-at-home mom.

This term is often mocked in public life. The seemingly degrading nature of being a homemaker is anunciated throughout the world. Proclaimed to all of society.

I am here to say, I love being a stay-at-home mom.

With my degree I could have become an excellent researcher, professor, and/or therapist. I could have gained world-wide recognition for my achievements. I could have excelled in the academic world.

I chose to remain at home. I chose to to become an excellent mom. I chose to do what was the best for all of society: raise moral children in an increasingly amoral society. I am rearing our next generation's leaders. I am teaching them to be honorable members of society. I am teaching them values.

I refuse to be morally relativistic. I think there are certain values that should be universally honored. Honesty. Kindness. Sacrifice. Selflessness. Charity. Faith. Hope. I am teaching my children that these are characteristics they should cherish. Characteristics they should seek to develop.

I have a perfectly unperfect life.

I get to hang out with these beautiful children everyday.


I am lucky. My husband supports my desire to stay-at-home. He sacrifices so that I can be at home.

He also loves his children.
 
I am leading a revolt. I call it the neo-feminist movement. I support a woman's right to have choices. I also support when women choose to stay-at-home. I argue that they can find fulfillment in the mundane tasks of mothering. 

Here's to being a mother!


4 comments:

The Two of Us said...

I think it is fabulous that you're a stay at home mom! It's a tough job, and I'm glad that you have that opportunity. As for raising your kids with morals, congrats. If families don't show children a good way of life, who will? It is great that you can do what makes you happy :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you! =D The world would be much better off with more strong stay at home mom's like you! I don't have to tell you all of the studies that show it makes a difference. You have seen them yourself! Way to be proud when the world makes it look shameful!

Bri... only she said...

Yeah Amber! You tell that world! I'm joining your movement!

Bryson and Tara said...

Well said! As trying as it can sometimes be, being a stay at home mom is the most rewarding thing I can imagine doing.