Header

Header

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Resolution Time

My personal resolutions are for my journal. I do have one that I will share: to post on this blog 5 times a week. Sickness and sleeplessness will give me certain exemptions, besides that, I am ready to begin.


Manly turned 2 months yesterday. He is a big chunk. He also loves to smile!


 
He holds his head up so well. His neck is amazingly strong! He likes to either face forward, to look around, or face his mama, to enjoy her beauty. : )

 
His colic is getting better by the day. I researched colic and found some interesting studies. You can read about it over here. (http://here-everymomentcounts.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-return-and-thoughts-on-motherhood.html)

I love holding my little guy. He brings me so much joy. I am tearing up now, thinking about what a special baby he is. This is why it frustrates me that sometimes he prefers the swing over being held. That is our cure for colic. Often, at night, when he begins to cry inconsolably, we put him in his swing to chill out. Since the batteries died, we will automatically swing it. Either Mr. B or I will lie on the couch, next to the swing, and alternate between sleep and pushing. It was my turn last night. Not exactly the best kind of sleep.

Manly in his beloved swing. He looks serious/happy huh? 
Crazy how he can manage such a fabulous look.
When the Queen wakes up screaming, and cannot be consoled (what the heck? I thought colic disappeared by 4 months! Apparently, what the scientists fail to tell second-time parents, colic begins again when the new child is born), we will even put her in the swing. Soothes her real fast.

The problem now? The Queen fights her brother for privileges in the swing.

 
Oh, you look happy in there! I think it's my turn now!

Hi-ya! Let me in the swing!

Thankfully, this competition seldom arises.  The Queen knows how much her brother loves the swing, so she gladly sacrifices her wants for his. Isn't she a wonderful sister? We are so blessed with two beautiful, amazing, children.


 
The Queen is now 16-months. She zooms around. Trying to photograph her is like trying to capture air. It doesn't work. Rarely will she sit still long enough for us to get a picture.
Little Queen's language is blooming! She can now say "cookie", "doggy", "Amber" (which is what she calls me), "what", "okay", "yes" (she even nods her head), "baby", "brother" (usually those words are together), "ball" (referring to balls and balloons), "duck", and many other words that I can't remember. She imitates words and sounds very well. She knows a sheep says "baa" and dogs say "arf" and that cats say "meow." It is so cute to hear her cute little sounds as she walks around exploring our little apartment. She loves to read stories and actually sits through a whole story book now!   Instead of just yelling to come out of her crib, she now says words to release her. I don't quite catch what she mumbles, but I hear the distinct word sounds. 
As for her size, she is still a shrimp. We went to see the lights on Temple Square New Year's Eve and the Queen was able to fit into her bunny suit still.

This is a 3-6 month snow outfit. 
 
We put her into the bunny suit for the first time in January 2009
 

The Queen at 5 months in the bunny suit.
I could not believe she could still fit into it. Anyway, she is still a short girl. She is getting taller, though. I know because she can now reach on top of our desk and hit the keyboard, pull the mouse down, and grab other items. She can also reach on top of the table for a plate that I might have precariously put close to the edge. Nothing broken, yet.

I feel so grateful for my two little babies. They bring me so much happiness. I am lucky to be a mom!

4 comments:

Munson Family said...

cute pictures Amber,of course Alivia is sitting on my lap fighting with Alden as I am trying to have time to formulate a comment.They are way to distracting for me to think.I don't even have babies anymore.

Tyler and Carisa said...

Yay! I love your new year resolution because I get to benefit from it!! =D Can't wait to see all the fun things you and your kiddos will do this next year!

Thomas Turner said...

As usual, Amber, thanks and much love for all your do. Can't wait to see you on the 16th!

Dad

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures! And I love your new years resolution...it will give me something to do when I don't want to do homework - read more of your blog! :)