The Queen loves to dress up. It is so darling! She puts likes to put on hats, shirts, skirts, and underwear (from my drawer). (And, no, you do not get to see pictures of that. I can't believe you even thought to ask.)
Help! Mom's trying to get me to eat something besides fruit!!
So, the Queen's energy level has amped up since the New Year. Holy crap. This girl gets into everything! Like, if I turn my back for one second she will have my diaper bag open and already swallowed 3 pieces of gum. (Before you judge, I put the diaper bag up high AND zip it. This girl is smart. She has figured out how to unzip my bag and unwrap my gum. Sigh.)
Now, I have to be on "Queen watch" all the time. It kind of gets frustrating.
At least she's cute.
On to other things.
Manly loves to smile. He has turned into a happy little guy! I am so glad his colic has gone its route!
This kid is so happy! I am unbelievably blessed by two joyful children! Manly loves his mommy. Really loves his mommy. Oh, the bliss I derive from his attention!
Now, in other news.
Me.
Let's see. I was given my first calling in my new ward! Yay! I was called to be Relief Society Secretary!!
Now for reality check.
I was not excited when they initially called me. My thoughts went like this: my husband is gone from 8 until midnight 6 days a week. I have 2 needy babies. I am going nuts as it is. I am sure you are mistaken.
Oh, but the Lord had spoken. Since I have accepted this calling, I have actually felt less stress! Unbelievable, huh? I have more time. Scratch that. I manage my time more wisely. I pay more attention to my children. My house is cleaner.
Ah, the blessings of a loving Heavenly Father who really knows me.
One other thing. I have decided to come out and publicly acknowledge my secret identity.
This is a bit nerve-wracking, but recent events have whispered that now is the time.
I have another blog. And, this blog? It is read by people who I do not know. People who I have grown close to. People who were once strangers, but are now my friends.
Oh, you want to know more about this blog? Let me tell you.
It is my thoughts. It is a place where I go to write.
It is 75 % introspective, 10% serious, and 5% silly.
I post there every day (well, almost).
It is not an "update" blog. I do not post pictures or updates about the family.
It is not a "happy, live free" blog. I complain. A lot. Hidden in these complaints, though, are lessons I have learned.
Through this blog, I have been asked (or invited) to contribute to other places.
For example, I am a contributor to Mormon Mommy Blogs. I post there once (or twice) a month.
I am an administrator to Mormon Women: Who We Are.
I am going to an awesome Blog Conference in May. Yay!!
I am pretty much amazing. But you already knew that.
Ok, Ok. Enough lip service. My other blog is Making the Moments Count. (http://makingthemomentscount.wordpress.com/)
Please do not go there if you are interested in family happenings. Or to give advice (unless I ask for it, which I do occasionally). Or to not read something that is both real and vulnerable.
Do click on over there if you are interested in my writing. Because, really, that is why I started that blog.
Besides, I needed a place to advertise the book that I am currently writing.
Anyway. Peace to all of you.
2 comments:
Look at you and your secret identity! Props to you for being able to keep up on TWO blogs! I'll have to check it out. But don't worry, I'll keep reading this one for all the adorable pictures of your kids! :)
your children are adorable!! sidenote: Queen will only get busier:) and much more fun!!:) love every minute of this stage it goes to fast.
Post a Comment