Header

Header

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Experiences!

Emily
Our sweet, little, angel.  She is getting so big (by that I mean mature).   She likes to blow kisses, tell Daddy "bye-bye" when he leaves, and read mommy stories.  She also likes to comfort her brother.

 
Yes, when he's crying in his bouncer, she will go over and rock him.  It makes me smile and sigh with pleasure.
I have started giving them baths together.  That is SO much fun! Andrew is learning to kick and move, so when he kicks and splashes, Emily will kick and splash back.  I think they are so cute together!


Emily is also very independent (surprise surprise!).  Like, the other day when Ben was eating a piece of garlic toast, she came over and took a large bite.  She ended her thievery with a delightful "ymmmmm."  We couldn't help but laugh!

Back to her helpfulness.
She loves to share everything with Andrew.  This is not always a good thing because she likes to shove food in his mouth when I put him on the floor for a second.  Yeah, he doesn't get much tummy time when his sister is awake.  Yet, I want to foster this kindness. So, when she does share, I try and tell her (without yelling) that her brother can't eat the same things she can.  I know she is confused by this, but I have to do something.
On the other hand, her sharing is often really sweet. Like when she tries to read Andrew a story.


This image is the "after" of what she was doing previously.  She had pushed the book in front of her brother's nose and started pointing out the different animals to him. It was very darling!  She also gave him her blanket. That is why he is covered with a pink blanket.  Isn't that sweet?  Plus, when he coos, she will coo back.  

Ben likes to show her movies of dogs and cats on Youtube.  Emily loves to watch them.


Andrew
We have started feeding Andrew solids.  Since new research has come out saying that giving them new foods every 2-3 days, we have been sharing our table food with him.  He thinks it is yummy!  I still give him rice cereal and various fruits and veggies just because it is easier.

Andrew has been around for almost 5 months now and I have failed to mention this.
He has a hernia.


Yeah, that is his belly button.  It is herniated.  No, it doesn't hurt.  And, yes it will eventually disappear, probably by around 2 years of age.  

Little Andrew is getting so big.  He is already like 15 pounds. I love it! He likes to coo and talk to me and his sister.  Oh, and he LOVES to watch his sister.  He thinks she is pretty cool.

Every once in a while he massively spits up.  Like when Ben is playing with him. 


He has pretty good aim, too!

I think that's about it for us!

No comments: