In case you are wondering, I'm fine. Andrew has been going through some post-colic colic. It has made my days very long and cumbersome.
Yet, in between moments of ear piercing shrieking, he gives me moments of happiness.
See? He really is quite a happy baby. Most of the time. I'm sure this, whatever it is, will end soon and I will look back with laughter. At least I hope so.
As for Emily, she keeps herself entertained by reading stories and going crazy. Sometimes she does both at the same time.
One of the only ways I can keep her still while changing her diaper is by giving her a story to read. It gives toilet reading a whole new meaning.
Notice Andrew grabbing my pant leg? He has started reaching for--and grabbing--things and bringing them to his mouth. This is so exciting! I keep thinking it might help him take a bottle, but, nope. He likes to make faces like this when I give him a bottle.
Even though he won't take a bottle, I still love him. Mostly. (Just kidding, folks!)
Oh, yes, back to Emily. When her daddy comes home, she is in heaven. He is a wild ruckus maker himself, so it's no surprise what they do together.
My heart still flutters when I see this guy. I'm pretty sure God fooled Ben into thinking I was something special. I don't mind, he can't leave now! Muwahahah!
I am still trying to capture Emily in play. She does a lot of this
and not enough of this.
And now I'm signing off to go clean my kitchen. Anyone seen any unemployed elves? I would pay top...er...meals for them to clean my house!
4 comments:
The Very Hungry Catepillar was one of my kids favorite books, along with Where the Wild Things are and Fox in Sox.
Such a cute little fam! They are growing up! I hope Andrew starts feeling better soon, for your sanity. =)
Andrew looks a lot like Ben in those pictures. Hope he feels better soon!
Amber i am a elf for hire!
Post a Comment