Header

Header

Friday, April 9, 2010

Don't Worry About Us....

This week has been quite busy.  Before I get into the reasons why, let me back up.

For Easter dinner, we decided to make a delicious feast. 
 
 
 
By we I mean Ben.  


While Ben cooked, I chased Emily


and held Andrew.


The dinner was absolutely delicious.  Since we were extra tired, we went to bed without doing the dishes.  Needless to say, I have been battling them all week.  I think I am sort of winning.

In other news...

Andrew is eating solids regularly.  By "regularly" I mean eating them whenever I remember to open the baby food and offer him the appetizing mixtures of fruit and oats or mixed vegetables.


Emily has also gotten into the spirit of eating baby food.


It has become really funny to watch her and her brother share his baby food.


Notice that Emily seems more into it than Andrew??  In truth, though, Andrew really does enjoy eating baby food.  He is getting the hang of it more each day. Even if he ends up wearing most of it on his shirt.
Ben and I find it hilarious that Emily really does eat what her brother eats.  It is one of the only ways she will eat vegetables.  
Of course, dinner is full of hilarious faces. Especially when I say "Smile!"
 

As you can see, Andrew is still figuring out how to sit up.  He is doing a pretty decent job for a 5-month old!


Emily likes to not only share Andrew's food, but likes to feed him as well.


Yeah, he is less than enthusiastic with his sister's attempts.  I think it is awesome that she tries to help her brother!

Why are we busy?

We are busy because we have two kids.  Of course!! 

Oh, and Ben is taking the MCAT on Saturday.  
Gulp.
Send prayers, thoughts, and anything else to Ben!!  

Have I mentioned that Ben is also graduating in August?  Well, he is.  He will walk on either August 12th or 13th.  How cool is that? I am so proud of him.

Graduation? Check
MCAT? Check

What else am I forgetting?
Let's see...
Oh, that's right.
  He is also getting his med school applications ready.  
Yikes.
 
Chez Turner is pretty stressed out right now.

Hope all of you are great!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Ben good luck on the MCAT! I'm sure he'll be fine. Hope you guys take time to do some fun things together so you don't get burnt out! :)

Grandma Peggy and John said...

Loved talking with the four of you the other day. Feast looks delicious. Pictures are wonderful.
Ben, our prayers are with you tomorrow. I know you will do fine, cause you are such a smart guy. Love you all.

The Two of Us said...

Ben, congrats on the upcoming graduation. Looks like the Turner brothers' hard work is paying off. I know you'll do great on the MCAT.
Amber, thanks for keeping us posted with this blog. You are great and loving parents, I can even see it through your posts. Love to you all.

Tyler and Carisa said...

Love all the baby pictures!! They are just so cute together.

I'm sure Ben did great! Make sure to post where he applies for medical school and all the places he gets accepted - because I have no doubt he'll get accepted to lots.