Emily is getting to that age.
You know that age.
The autonomous twos.
At least that's what I like to call it!
As part of her search for independence, she is learning to problem solve. Rather than wait for me to help her, she chooses to find ways to help herself.
Like climbing on the table to get into the yogurt that Mommy hadn't thrown away yet.
Or climbing up the slide.
She is also using silverware about 75% of the time.
Sure she might get messy, but growing up is messy!
She has become quite the musician! She walks around singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes", and a few other songs that I can't identify.
She likes to play on her piano Nema bought her, and use dishes as drums. OK, I taught her that.
She does have her occasional melt-downs when she doesn't get what she wants. I notice, though, that these usually come when she is already tired, hungry, and/or in need of a diaper change. Once I take care of those issues, she becomes the silly little girl that makes me laugh!
Her vocabulary is rapidly expanding. She points to so many things and correctly identifies them. She is especially fascinated with bugs. I hope that doesn't mean she'll want to keep them as pets!
She is starting to say more and more sentences (yes, more than "I want a cookie"). For instance, she now says "I love you." That makes me happy. She also says "stinky poopy" and I'm pretty sure you know who taught her that.
She loves to point out all her--and our--different body parts. Especially in the bath tub.
She is starting to say more and more sentences (yes, more than "I want a cookie"). For instance, she now says "I love you." That makes me happy. She also says "stinky poopy" and I'm pretty sure you know who taught her that.
She loves to point out all her--and our--different body parts. Especially in the bath tub.
One of the cutest things she does is to count. That's right, I said count. She knows the sequence of "one, two, three" even though she can only say "three" semi-clearly. It is really cute! If you listen carefully, this video shows her new talent.
Something she does that really makes me smile and gasp in awe is pray. Yes, she walks around with her arms folded and says little prayers. I'm not sure what she says, but she uses the same intonations we use in our family prayers!
Our little girl is getting so big!
3 comments:
amber,thank you for your posts. I miss you guys greatly, and can't wait to meet Andrew.
Emily strikes me as a gal who will give you a run for your money--Turner women always do!--and you have plenty of sweet moments to see you through the Teen Years (take it from me! I got one!)
I hope tosee you soon; much love to you and Ben andthe kidses...
Aunt Sue
04/28/2010
Happy Birthday, Amber. Hope you day is full of joy and surprises.
Love, Grandma Peggy and John
CUTE! Fantastic writing!
Post a Comment