Ben found a job a few weeks ago. He works ful-time at a recreational facility for trouble youth. He loves the job and I love that he loves it. However, I don't love his hours. He works evenings, 5 days a week, and often goes directly from school to work. 2-3 days a week he leaves before the kids wake up and comes home long after they have gone to bed.
I really miss him.
After a few very long and hard days, I decided that I would not use the time he is gone to mope around. I decided the kids and I would have fun. So, most days around dinner time, I pack a picnic, strap the kids into the stroller, and we walk the 10 blocks to the park.
We all love the swings.
While it is still hard to have Ben gone, I am grateful that it is summer and the kids and
I can make the most of it.
5 comments:
Thanks, Amber! Great pictures!
chris works evenings as well... i see him only 2 days/nights a week. i go to work at 9:30 or 10 and i don't see him till 11:30ish. it's no fun but certainly makes you appreciate the time you have together. keep your head up, he'll be done with school soon enough. :) love you!
Amber! I saw your blog on fb...
Good for you, getting out and doing fun stuff! What a good mommy. :) Your kids are adorable! I love the picture of Em pushing Andrew on the swing.
Oh she's in the swing WITH him.... still cute ;)
I'm pretty sure you are super mom. Hope you and Ben get to spend some time together over the holiday weekend!
Post a Comment