Header

Header

Sunday, November 28, 2010

An explanation, please.

I am a sarcastic person.  As there is a lot of crap I am dealing with right now, I stay sane through sarcasm.  (Don't you dare quote some obscure BYU professor about the pitfalls of sarcasm.  I. Don't. Care.)

Becoming a parent is hard.  It's a demanding job that doesn't provide benefits, weekends, or vacations.  I don't clock in or out, I am on duty 24/7.  But I knew this going in and am not bothered by it.  There are times when the kids will scream all night and I will get less than two hours of sleep.  Yes I may want to cry because I am so exhausted.  However, it doesn't get me down.  At least not for long because I handle the frustration through sarcastic explanations of what happened.

I am optimistic.  I am also realistic.  I believe that there is hope in just about every situation, and am constantly seeking hope out in seemingly hopeless situations, but I also recognize that enduring well doesn't mean there is a silver lining in everything.

Sometimes life just sucks. That's the reality. There are people who can be cheery and bubbly through trials.  I can't.  I use my humor to get through difficulties.  My own brand of humor.  My sarcasm.

Keep that in mind when you are reading my posts.  When it sounds like I am complaining, read the post in a sarcastic voice.  You might even smile, I know I do when I'm writing them.

3 comments:

Bryson and Tara said...

We all have our coping methods. I think yours sounds great. I do tend to feel kind of hopeless when I don't get a lot of sleep, unfortunately... maybe I need to use sarcasm more.

jill 'E' jam said...

I love hearing your sarcasm and I "read" it loud and clear! :d I love it!

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for your sarcasm. It helps me know I'm not the only one who doesn't always see the silver lining but uses humor about the situation to cope.