Valentine's was this week, huh? Don't worry, we celebrated in an awesome manner: Ben worked for 16 hours and I went to bed, early, sick with the flu.
As all parents must know, being sick is usually accompanied by children waking up all night long. It's like an unwritten rule. (Yeah, that happened to me.)
Speaking of children, mine are pretty cute.
Andrew is walking. A lot. He is so cute walking on his chubby legs! He especially enjoys putting stuff in his mouth while he cruises.
He is also busy. BUSY. I know, so atypical for a one-year-old.
Just last week, he started talking so much more!
In addition to his other words, he now says
"dahn!" (down)
"Mommy!" (Very different from mama)
"Daddy!" (Again, different from dada)
"towul" (towel)
and "Hi!"
In connection with saying "daddy" he has also really bonded to him. When Ben comes home, Andrew starts spinning circles (literally) because he is so thrilled. Or he'll walk over to him and sit in his lap. I am so glad.
As for Emily...
she is as mischievous as usual. Lately her plots include climbing onto the kitchen counters and quickly finding whatever she wants from the cupboards before I catch her. She also has a new resting place.
We are out of hiding places.
She makes me laugh by showing me her "fish face."
And by singing a variety of songs throughout the day. I especially enjoy her renditions of "Go To Sleep Little Baby" and "Man of Constant Sorrow" from O Brother, Where Art Thou? And her awesome version of the Hallelujah chorus from Handel's Messiah.
Some of my favorite words and phrases she says lately are
"seppup" (ketchup)
"What does [insert animal] say?" (While pointing to the animal in one of her books.)
"[Insert object/person/imaginary friend] go time out!"
She has this imaginary friend--a dinosaur, aptly named "Dinosaur"--with whom she re-enacts important events from the day. For example, she will tell me "Dinosaur really hungry" when she is/was hungry; she sends Dinosaur into time-out when he bites/hits her and is also called "mean" after these assaults; and she will read Dinosaur books and feed him/her her snacks. I must say, it makes me smile everyday.
Along with that, she has learned the exhilarating game of hide-and-seek. Her version is quite entertaining. While I count to ten, she runs around in circles in front of me and waits for me to reach "10." After that, she counts to ten (very clearly I might add) and "finds" me (I'm usually hiding behind a pillow or something).
As for potty training...well it is in moratorium. She will still pee on the potty but will often request diapers. I am learning to let her go at her own pace rather than at my pace.
She has started smiling for the camera! Of course I have 2 seconds to capture this, but at least it's a start!
She misses her dad tremendously while he is at work.
Speaking of Ben....
he is busy with work. He loves his second job (where he works as a paraeducator in an Autistic classroom) and is frustrated with his first job. But, as always, I am so grateful for how much he sacrifices for our family.
He is also losing weight. Considering I think he is still as sexy as the day we met, this change is something he is working toward not something I am encouraging. Still, I am proud of the changes he is making! It really shows.
He is getting more and more excited about starting medical school. Heck, we all are!
Speaking of which, we found a place to live there! We have filled out the paperwork and mailed our deposit check! Woot! It is such a relief to know where we will be living for the next 2 years. Did I mention this place has three bedrooms, a washer/dryer area, and an extra 1/2 bathroom all for the same price we are paying right now for our place? And that it is within walking distance of the school? Yeah, it is a smoking deal.
And, lastly, me.
Not much to report from my end. I love my kids and am taking care of the household. Donations of chocolate are always greatly appreciated.
P.S. I even posted this before midnight! A-mazing.
5 comments:
Amber, you are one awesome gal! I so relate to your reports of a Turner household life; well, let's just say I barely survived toddler years (and I just had the one!) that my hat's off to you guys!
I'm glad to see a healthy Freudian projection by Emily onto her dinosaur, and Andrew, well looks like he's all about the Oral thing--aren't we all one way or another (think chocolate!)
Nana & Papa are beside themselves with how much you make effort to share your goings-on; God knows we can be thankful for modern ways to stay connected.
Anyhow, I'm blathering like an email. I love you guys so very much and can't wait to see you again. Henry says Hi, and I say mazel tov on the new spacious housing and other auspicious moving events.
Much much love, Crazy Aunt Sue.
That new housing sounds AWESOME!
Your kids just keep getting cuter and cuter. Let me know if you get bored and want to hang out sometime.
Your blessings are pouring in! I'm so excited for you. When do you guys move? Beginning of summer or near Fall?
Thanks a lot, Amber! Congrats on the new house; when you get the address please email it so I can Google map it, the school, etc.
I love you, thanks for the pics of your beautiful family.
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!!
Dad
I love this post. Wow, you did find a great place to live. Sorry they were sick. You've got cute kids. And you are a great mother!
Post a Comment