Header

Header

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What? It's been more than four weeks!?

Two children.  


Two very rowdy children.  



That is one of my excuses for the long absence.  As cute as they are (and how can you say they aren't),






Emily and Andrew are quite adept at getting into all sorts of trouble.  And Emily's lovely penchant for knives (and climbing on top of counters to reach them, despite the gates and locks designed to keep her out) doesn't help things.

I suppose there exists other explanations:  Having my wisdom teeth removed and continuing illnesses among them.

But the most important [reason] remains to be this man:



Since he quit one of his jobs, we are having loads of fun together and as a family.  We are quite lucky that our kids go to bed marvelously early--a routine I strictly adhere to in order to keep my sanity-- so after bedtime we enjoy chatting, playing games, and watching shows together.  Treasured time we've never really had as a married couple.

In short, we are partying it up!

Ah, but to satiate your curiosity, here is a list of 10 important happenings in our lives.

1. We can now include Andrew in our family's list of chocolate addicts (a list that includes all of us). As soon as I pull out a piece, he screams "chocwate!!!!"

2. Emily no longer takes naps.  I have learned that any naps on her part ultimately lead to a much-later-than-desired or staying-up-later-than-mommy-can-handle bed time.  No thank you.

3. Ben has lost like 15 lbs.  He also has a very nice 6-pack going on.  Yeah, he is smoking.

4. I lost the stupid 10 lbs I gained when I was put on birth control pills to control the cysts.  (Holy cow that was a wordy sentence.)

5. And I, also, have a 6-pack.  Ben and half the human population think I'm smoking.

6. We are transitioning our family into adhering to more traditional gender roles.  I take out the trash and Ben cooks dinner.  It's working out EXTREMELY WELL, in case you were wondering, because I absolutely hate cooking and Ben absolutely loves it.  Taking out the trash is a small price to pay to enjoy one of Ben's gourmet, and veggie filled, dishes.

7.  I have read several historical biographies recently and have fallen in love with Antonia Fraser's writing style.

8. I'm thinking of writing a musical starring Emily and Andrew.  Most of it will be comprised of their unique dancing styles and the ten or so nursery rhymes they know (half-sung half-yelled).  I think it will be an instant hit among their peers.

9. Andrew has a pot belly that is equivalent to an 8-month pregnant woman.  He even waddles like one.  (Sorry pregnant friends, it is the best description to explain his unique walking stance.)

10. We will be moving in less than 3 months.  The crazy part is, Ben and I aren't stressed.

10 comments:

Allyson said...

I'm so happy for you guys! You and Ben definitely deserve this time together. Live it up! If Ben comes up with any more to-die-for recipes like his spaghetti, please send them my way!

Thomas Turner said...

How I love you all! I just can't wait to see you!

Dad

Jamie said...

Wow I love this post. That is so awesome that you both have lost weight. I need your secret! Being a mom is hard. I hope that you are feeling well. I'm sorry that you have had so many health issues. I really like this post. You seem to be so positive amid your stress.

Tyler and Carisa said...

Yay for quality time with your hubby!! I'm so happy that the sun has finally come out behind that dark cloud!

Bri... only she said...

so happy for all the awesome things happening in your life right now. :) and I'd pay good money to observe Andrew's waddle ... gotta get that technique down before month 8 hits. ;)

(feeling baby move and groove constantly btw. most amazing feeling. ever.)

Kristen said...

Andrew looks SO much like Ben it's crazy. Those pics of you and Ben are adorable and you should hang them on your wall, they're that awesome.

You sound so happy. Having a hubby home more often always does that, huh? So glad things are going great for you lately, I've been thinking of you.

Susan Turner Educational Services said...

Yeah, what he (Dad) said! Aaand...
1) a 6-pack? Gotta be top of your game to sport a whole KEG!
2) I remember weeping when Henry decided at 3 yrs old the No More Naps idea. Aauugh...
3) Of course Ben likes to cook! It's a Turner thing! Ask me about the apple-and-noodle soup he made when he was about six!
4) Three words: division of labor. Key to happy marriage! :-)
5) Andrew looks like he's trying to suck out your brain in the top photo. I know that feeling, haha.
6) and last (sorry for this long-winded post): I say "TWO toddlers? EEK!" Glad you have stamina!! I barely survived one (of course I was 37 at the time...) and now he's a teenage toddler. 'Nuff said.
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS!! all my love, Crazy Aunt Sue

Steph said...

Whoa, six packs for everyone! Good for you! So glad to hear things are going well for you :) Cute little kiddies too.

Bryson and Tara said...

Wow...I would so love to take on the trash duty if Bryson would cook. I too am not a fan of cooking... I'm working on it though. I don't HATE it anymore. I just dislike it. That's progress.

Cute pics! Glad you guys are having fun and that you and Ben get to spend more time together than you have in awhile.

Tyson Thornock said...

The gender roles about the dinner and trash cracked me up. I had to tell Tyson. You are a fabulous writer. Oh, my latest fad in the cooking arena is blending up raw vegetables and adding them to any dish after it is cooked. Landon and I love it, Tyson tolerates it. Food is much more about health than looks for me...ha!