We are two weeks deep into medical school and I keep waiting for it to get...um...hard. Sure Ben is studying hard and has quite a bit of material to cover, but, compared to undergrad + MCAT + working two jobs, this is a breeze. We see him much more than we saw him before, he is happy, and I don't really feel like a single parent. I am sure things will get difficult as his first exam approaches, but his quizzes thus far, while hard, have actually tested his knowledge and study habits. He is happy. To have a husband who loves his study material is so wonderful.
Our usual schedule is busy but doable.
Ben leaves between 6:30 and 8 am every day (including most weekends), comes home between 5 and 7, makes dinner, helps bathe the kids and do the whole bedtime routine. He will then go back to school for 3-5 more hours, chat with me over Google chat, and is home before midnight (usually). We are then able to chat about our days, talk about parenting things, and go to bed. All in all, we see him for a few hours a day but it doesn't feel like he is gone all the time. Maybe that's because when he's home he feels satisfied by his coursework. A testament that happiness at work leads to happiness at home. (Or something like that.)
So what do the kids and I do during the day? Oh, not too much. We have the usual activities: errands, play dates, store runs, etc. But mostly we just play.
Outside
Inside
With friends
And always, always, in princess dresses.
Thank you Nema and GGMel for providing clothes with endless possibilities. And outfits that Emily and Andrew can enjoy.
1 comment:
Thanks, Amber. I love you!
Post a Comment