(I actually wrote this like 3 days ago but could not publish it at the time.)
What a week! Ben and I are exhausted and in dire need of sleep--if only the kiddos would cooperate. Emily thinks 6 am is an appropriate waking time; needless to say, it's not. Anyway, we survived!
Andrew is ready for action! I feel like this week he has exploded--verbally--and can say almost everything he wants to say. A few examples include,
- "Ah wuv u!" (I love you!)
- "Mommy! Hold you!" (Indicating he wants me to hold him. He learned this from his sister, I love it when they ask this!)
- "I want dat (that)!"
He really enjoys dressing up with his sister.
Emily is also teaching him how to dance. It is freaking cute!
He is adjusting to his daddy's new schedule, but continues to walk around the house yelling, "Daddy!" all day long. Did I mention that he calls me daddy? I think it's funny.
The is Emily's favorite shirt. If I don't wash her "cat shirt" daily, she gets very crabby.
I guess the big news is SHE TURNED 3!!!! Ahhhhh!!!! I do have an excellent post for her birthday all composed in my head, if I have more than a few minutes I might actually type it out.
Naturally, she is the brightest, cutest, and most excellent 3-year-old I know. I adore having her around the house and snuggling up next to her. She is just so sweet.
At night, I've had to do a very busy routine in order to get her to stay in bed. Eventually I will write about that too, but it includes me checking on her every 5 minutes and letting her know she is okay. Once she is asleep, she usually stays asleep. The only downside to her getting older is, well, she knows what she wants. So she will wake up before 6, come snuggle in bed with me, then wake me up 10 minutes later and inform me she is ready for breakfast. Silly girl. (I don't think that at the moment, but it is cute.)
Emily loves to dance. And boy can she dance! She shakes her hips like the most expert Zumba instructors. Okay, she might have learned that from doing Zumba with me. She can also carry a tune extremely well. I mean, she will listen to a song once and sing it on tune the rest of the day.
She is potty training herself. Again. She still won't go number 2 on the toilet, but doesn't wear a diaper during the day! I am very impressed with her initiative! She hasn't had a single accident since starting over 3 weeks ago.
With this comes her obsession with, um, private parts. She knows all boys have a "penis" and all girls have a "gina." She is thrilled by her genitalia and, quite frankly, I am glad. Of course, I am quite liberal when it comes to introducing sexuality. : )
She knows all her letters and is beginning to recognize what letters make what sounds. For instance, she knows "B" makes the "Buh" sound and that "T" makes the "Tuh" sound. She also knows how to spell her name and is working on writing letters. I know, brilliant huh?!
Her favorite movies are Mulan and The Princess and the Frog. It helps that those are the only Disney movies we own. She loves PBS and often asks to watch TV. Even when I ask to play with her! It figures, I'm boring.
We like to read stories together. Mostly. She is getting into coloring in her coloring books. Super sweet.
In other news, we made it through Ben's first week of medical school without any severe incidences. I consider that a ginormous victory.
In other news, we made it through Ben's first week of medical school without any severe incidences. I consider that a ginormous victory.
1 comment:
My kids used to wake me up too early because they were hungry, too - so I started putting small bowls of dry cereal or crackers right by their beds, and they ate them when they woke up. Bought me at least another 30 minutes of sleep. :)
Post a Comment