![]() |
| 23 Weeks |
Bellybean is kicking up a storm! S/he has gone from irregular activity, with "heavy" kicking days and "light" kicking days to moving all the time. It feels like a mixture between a bowling ball and bowling pins (the only way I can describe it). I feel like I'm starting to get to know this baby and am really excited that there are only 12 more weeks until we meet him/her!
Unlike with Emily and Andrew's pregnancies, this has been very relaxing. Sure I'm bigger and have gained more weight (at least 10 lbs by now) than with those two, but I don't have the intense pain I experienced with Emily (from constant bladder infections and that silly appendix) nor the preterm contractions I had with Andrew. It feels nice to have a "normal" pregnancy. Heck, if I knew I could have another baby without miscarrying and that the hyperemesis gravidarum wouldn't kill me (which it almost did this time), I would totally try again. Alas, those two things have convinced me and Ben that this is our last (natural) baby. Four miscarriages and intense morning sickness is enough for my psyche.
![]() |
| 24 Weeks Emily kissing Bellybean |
![]() |
| 26 weeks Relaxing with Emily |
When I ask them if they want to feel the baby moving, they usually say "yeah" and put their hand on my stomach for like 10 seconds before moving away. Sometimes they actually feel the baby (I think) but most the time they don't. Usually after these episodes, Emily turns to me and says, "mom! You want to feel the baby in my belly?"
![]() |
| 26 weeks Emily feeling the baby move |
Some of the usual third trimester pains have started -- lower back pain, cramping, hip pains, and leg cramps -- but I am usually too busy during the day to notice. Though, I have found myself more exhausted by the end of the day and very ready to sit down and relax. Usually the kids have other plans, but I'm trying.
The only "craving" I've experienced is for my favorite salad at a restaurant in Utah, Cafe Rio. Sadly, we don't have any around here so I am forced to eat stuff we have in our kitchen. Sigh. I can say that all those icky feelings in the beginning have completely gone away and I am actually enjoying food! I don't think I experienced this with either Emily or Andrew until like the last few weeks. Another big and nice difference with this pregnancy.
At my last doctor's appointment, the baby was curled into a ball which meant that I measured 23 weeks. Ha! The nurse was slightly surprised but, eh, we both knew that things were progressing normally and this baby has proven to love curling into a ball and not moving when needed (hence my 2 hour 22-week ultrasound).
I am finding myself huffing and puffing more than usual the Bellybean is in a certain position. I also notice that I feel very heavy by the end of the day. Ben thinks it's water retention, which makes sense, I just know it can be slightly painful and very uncomfortable.
I am looking forward to these next 12 weeks as I continue getting to know Bellybean and as s/he grows even bigger.
![]() |
| 27.5 weeks |
![]() |
| A bigger picture. Ha. |











No comments:
Post a Comment