Header

Header

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"When I was a big girl, I'll have a baby in MY tummy!"

Emily can act very dramatic.  I think it's because she is very imaginative.

Last week, when I went to my doctor's appointment, Emily and Andrew listened to the baby's heart beat and watched as the nurse measured my stomach.  Once the nurse left, Emily hopped onto the table and told Andrew, "You be the doctor and I be the mommy.  Now check my tummy and listen to the baby! Oh no! My tummy is getting bigger!"

Seriously, this girl kills me with her wit and hilarity!!

We are busy.  And happy.  We've had some fun times in the city, visiting the arch and going to a Cardinal's game, and look forward to enjoying this city even more now that the summer is here.  Just a sampling of the kids' doings:

Showing me her cool tongue trick.

Eating spaghetti.


Playing with his trucks. He put these in his bin and climbed right in!

Playing outside. Emily chooses the best outfits for our adventures.

Eating dirt. What else would you do with dirt?


Showing off her pigtails.


Ben loves his job!  It's exhausting but he is excited to go to work every day.  Awesome!  When he comes home, he enters super daddy mode and cleans, cooks, and entertains the kiddos while I do school work.

He and the kids especially like to look through our sky light.




As for me, I have 2.5 weeks left of the quarter.  I have some decisions to make after that, but I'll share those later.

I am now 24 weeks along!  Woo-hoo!  I went to the big ultrasound 2 weeks ago and found out...we are having a baby!  For this kiddo, we are keeping the gender a surprise.  It's been super fun to guess what the baby is! Emily thinks it's a girl and Ben thinks it's a boy.  Andrew and I are neutral.

The baby (at the appointment) weighs about 1.2 pounds and is very active!  It took 2 hours for the ultrasound tech to complete the measurements because s/he would not budge from his/her curled up position.  Another stubborn Turner!

I am measuring right on target (23 weeks) and have gained like 10 lbs.  Go me!


I, also, got a haircut.  It's nice to wear my hair down again.


Life is good.

No comments: