Header

Header

Friday, July 13, 2012

Pregnancy Stuff I Want to Remember

Thirty-four weeks. 34.5 weeks.  I'm getting close to the end.  I had a very breezy ten weeks, between 20-30, and thought that would define the rest of my pregnancy.  Sadly, it hasn't.  Instead, as with Andrew, I started having pre-term labor (contractions) right at 30 weeks.

30 weeks


After steady contractions for over 5 hours, I made my way to the hospital.  They checked me and found that I had dilated to a 1 and was already 50% effaced.  My physician and the ER physician conversed and agreed that I should be placed on medication and modified bed rest.

And that's been life since then.  Painful, tiring, and somewhat boring.  The kiddos often ask if we can go outside, to which I respond with "I can't, my belly is too big."  Emily, now, tells Andrew that when he wants to go outside or play with certain toys - clearly she's caught on.

30.5 weeks


Despite the bed rest and the medication, I still contract fairly regularly.  About 3-5 times a week, I have steady contractions for 3-5 hours.  Gah, it's painful and often makes me cry.  We are hoping this baby stays in until at least 36 weeks.  (My original plan of a 39-week induction date is sounding less and less realistic.)

32.5 weeks


Ben is getting very excited.  Every night, we sit down together and feel the baby as s/he moves.  It's just incredible.  I feel the bonding has already started.

I have definitely gotten bigger this time than with either Emily or Andrew - understandably so.  I have also gained more weight - not sure how I feel about that.

My medication gives me massive head aches and puffy legs and feet.  It's rather uncomfortable.  I find myself sad that the end of this pregnancy has been so difficult.  I was really enjoying it for a while and now find myself just counting down the weeks until the pain will stop.

33 weeks
Emily and Andrew are thrilled when we mention the baby.  Emily is preparing herself already by practicing "nursing," and "changing diapers" with her stuffed animals.


And that's been this pregnancy so far.  

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Ah, your kids are going to be such big helpers with the new baby!