Header

Header

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Another Random Post

Even though it looks like I only write once a month, I've actually been quite good at writing posts.  Publishing them, though, is a different story.  I'm usually waiting on pictures which means I'm also waiting on a plug that allows me to download photos onto the computer.  That will probably take another month, so I'm writing sans pictures again.  The bright side? There will be a flux of olderish posts rather quickly. Until then....

This house buying process is laborious. I would give more details but we're still in negotiations and it's very S-L-O-W.

Amelia is sick with a chest cold.  I've been using all the tricks to clear out her chest.  It's been a rough couple of days and nights.  Yet, it's her first sickness! Yay for milestones! (I'm kidding here.)

Ben's schedule changed recently (it does this about every 2-3 weeks), and he's had to take the car.  This have meant very long days for all of us because the kids no longer nap (they definitely need naps, but without a chance to run around outside and get their immense energy out it just doesn't work) (unless I want them to be awake until 11 pm, which happens fairly regularly) and we're stuck inside all day long.  A small space becomes infinitely smaller when stuck in it 10 hours/day, 5 days/week. (We don't have any playgrounds/play spaces around our apartment, sadly.)  The nice thing is Ben gets home quite early.  Extra help is always appreciated.

Andrew has picked up a few phrases.  This includes, "I just kidding!" and "Get me out of here!" Oh this boy. He is hilarious.

Emily knows how to read. But, I don't have that much time or energy to sit down and actually read with her so its definitely an emerging skill.  I'm just filing this under, "When We Move Into Our House" (which is a rapidly growing list).

The other night we put the kids at what we thought was their usual bedtime based on how dark it was outside.  After having them play/cry for over an hour, Ben and I were pretty exhausted.  And then we looked at the only clock we have in our house (besides our phone) and realized it was only 7:30, which means we had put them to bed at 6:30.  Whoops. Needless to say, we brought them out and played with them for a little while longer before sending them back to bed.

Amelia started giggling a couple weeks ago.  First with her dad and then with her brother and sister.  She is such a sweet baby girl.

And that's all. Until next time.

No comments: