Header

Header

Friday, December 21, 2012

December? Really?

Unlike this blog, our life has not been quiet.  I've just been waiting to post when I have pictures.  But, to have pictures, my phone (my camera as of late) has to either be charged and/or not soaked in water.  Neither of which happens very often.  A bazillion pictures are on my phone and maybe one day I'll have picture soaked posts again.

Happenings


  • We are currently in the process of buying a HOUSE!  Yep.  (As my excitement typically results in exclamation points, I'm trying to avoid their over-usage.) Unless something happens, we'll be moving into our HOUSE at the end of January. LIKE A BOSS. 



  • Miss Amelia is the center of all our lives.  She is such a happy, sweet baby.  Not only does she sleep fantastically well, she smiles and coos all the time.  Sometimes (er, often) I wake her up from her nap just because I love holding her.  Two weeks ago, she rolled over for the first time! I have yet to record it as she has no interest in performing for the camera. She hasn't giggled yet, but has come close a couple of times.  Once while playing with her siblings and then last night while "talking" with me.  OMG I love my Milly girl.  Love. Love. Love.



  • Andrew constantly says and/or does things that makes me giggle.  This boy is hysterical! Recently, while galloping around the apartment, he screamed "I'm Iron Man! I have to push my button!"  And proceeded to "transform" into Iron Man.  And this morning he tells me, "we have to call the police department" when I asked why he said, "because Emily is being bad."  Whaaat?  Ha, this boy.  His love for all things Fire Truck has not dissipated; nay, it has grown.  He carries around his "fings" (toys, fire trucks, fire fighting apparel) everywhere.  He must take one, if not more, toy to the car.  He hates having his diaper changed and often yells, "stop it, mommy!" when I try.  He is my sweet boy that simultaneously frustrates and entertains me.  I want another JUST LIKE him.  



  • Emily is my tempestuous preschooler. Her emotions go from happy to sad to excited to mad to elated to irritated in the course of an hour.  Yesterday she threw an hour-long tantrum because I wouldn't let her have a sucker.  Dramatic much? And then she goes on hour-long streaks of hilarious quips.  Saying things like, "My pee says "weeeee" when it goes in the toilet!" that have me laughing uproariously. I think I'm more exhausted by her emotional ups and downs than anything at night.  Yet, she is my biggest helper when it comes to Amelia.  She would do everything for Amelia if she could.  I am so LUCKY to have her in my life.



  • Ben is enjoying work immensely.  He comes home happy which makes me happy.



  • I am counting down the days until we are in our HOUSE.  With a washer and dryer, a dishwasher, an enormous yard, side walks, an extra bedroom, and basically everything to make parenting easier.  


(If you can't tell, this post was written while under the influence of sleep deprivation.  I really need some caffeine.)

1 comment:

Jack and Alyssa said...

That is great you guys are buying a home! We long for that day! We hope you and your family have a merry Christmas!