Header

Header

Friday, March 29, 2013

Six Months
















Amelia is six months now! She is still the sweetest baby ever.

Her stats:

Weight: 14 lbs 11 oz (17th percentile)
Height: 26 in. (18th percentile)
Head circumference:

The doctor was like, "uh she's just a small baby." I was like, "yeah but she was in the 1% when she was born! Look how much she's grown!" (It's all about perspective.)

During the appointment I was told she could start taking water/breast milk/formula in a sippy cup.  She could also start on solids whenever we're ready (still haven't moved so not ready yet).

Physical Development
Continues to roll and semi-scoot during tummy time.  She is quite efficient at finding and grabbing her toys.
Can now grab toys with both hands.  She also likes to grab at any food we are eating and watches while I drink anything.
Is *this* close to sitting up without support.  She can go a few seconds at a time now.
Likes to pull up to standing position when we hold her hands up.

Social-Emotional Development
Definitely prefers me to everyone else.
Loves to play with her brother and sister but does not like it when they hold her.  (Emily likes to pick her up and this ticks her off.)
Enjoys watching other people when we go places.
Has different cries for different things - hungry, tired, diaper change, etc.
Is learning so many different consonant/vowel pronunciations:
- gee gee (when she cries)
- ga ga (when talking)
- ahee ahee
- muh muh (convincing her to say "ma ma")
- du du du
- zee zee
She and I have great conversations.

Miscellaneous
Still not sleeping through the night and still sleeps in our bed.  I'm cool with this.
Does really well with the baby-sitter that watches her and her brother and sister while I'm in class.
Loves to play with toys that make sounds and/or light up.
Likes to laugh with me.  She also likes to talk with me.




No comments: