Header

Header

Friday, March 29, 2013

Five Months



















My sweet Amelia is getting bigger by the day.  She is such a pleasant, easy-going baby.  She elicits smiles everywhere she goes because she freely gives smiles.

Five Months At A Glance

Physical Development
Can roll from all sides but especially from back to front. I found this out after she fell off the couch when I was changing her diaper.  Oops.
Is learning to grab at things in a jerky manner.  Still trying to get both hands to cooperate.
Likes to sit up on the couch next to me or Ben while we read and/or play with the other kids.
Smiles at everyone and everything.  Especially lights, fans, and other things on the ceiling.
Learning to put everything in her mouth.  Gotta learn somehow!  (I seriously love this stage of development, what Piaget referred to as sensorimotor - where they learn through their five senses.)
She follows the kids with her her eyes as they run around and around the room.
Starting to grab at things I'm holding and especially likes to grab people's hair - especially mine while she breastfeeds.

Social-Emotional Development
Had her first instance of separation anxiety! Ben was holding her while I went to the kitchen and she started screaming! It was amazing.
Likes me to hold her all the time.  If it's not me, I better not be in the vicinity or she'll hear my voice and start to cry.
Enjoys watching her brothers and sisters play.
Her first instance of real laughter came when Ben was blowing raspberries on her tummy.
Her second instance was when Andrew did his "peanuts, popcorn!" dance for her.  (It's a bit hard to explain but I do have a video of this.)

Miscellaneous

I still haven't started her on solids and won't do so until we are in our new house.  Much too stressful in our apartment.
She eats every 2-4 hours and is a champion breast-feeder.
She typically eats 1-2 times a night and is my only baby who dislikes eating in bed.  (Since she is so easy-going in other ways this is basically nothing.)

We all love this sweet girl!

No comments: