Header

Header

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Thanks 2013, It's Been a Blast

October.  That's the last time I posted.  It's been fairly busy around here, as I've mentioned many times, but things are changing.  I suppose each season provides opportunities to learn and I have learned over the last year.  Before I delve into that - I need ideas for future blog posts after all - let me start the year off with a look at the highlights from 2013.

January - April

We moved into our first home.

I returned back to school to pursue a second bachelor's degree.

Ben received a promotion and large raise.

Amelia started crawling.

Emily started reading.

Andrew potty trained himself.

I began working at a crisis nursery on the weekends.

I celebrated my 26th birthday.

I finished my semester with a 4.0.

May - August

Many, many walks around the neighborhood.

Amelia turned one!

Ben and I celebrated our 6th year wedding anniversary (and 10 years of being together).

Emily turned 5!

I took a summer calculus course and did very well, thankfully.

September - December

I started a new semester, began TAing and tutoring, and continued working weekends.

Amelia took her first steps and converted to fully walking

Amelia's vocabulary exploded ("here you go", "thank you", "Andrew!" etc)

Andrew turned 4! (And I still have a blog post pending for that one)

Andrew's interest in books increased exponentially

I taught the kids home preschool for a short while

Emily's math skills have increased as she sits down and adds/subtracts various numbers

Ben turned 30.

I said good-bye to working weekends and began expanding my tutoring business.

*****

We've had a fantastic year.  We went from a difficult apartment to a beautiful home, from barely making it to living comfortably.  While we're still busy (who isn't?), we're slowly finding out what schedule works best for the family.  We're also turning our house into a home through various DIY projects. I can already feel that 2014 is going to be just as good.

No comments: