It has been over three months since I have posted anything to this space. Given the fluctuation our family faces, I feel slightly bothered that my kids will one day read this and wonder why there are such large gaps in updates and pictures. Thank God for Instagram.
In big news, I recently added a few more jobs to my growing multitude, including an internship at Centene corporation and a mentoring job at St. Louis Community College (in addition to my current job at the St. Louis Crisis Nursery) In a little more than a month I will bid this semester good-bye with its collection of classes including Physics (calculus based), Linear Algebra, and Differential Equations and start a new semester with Physics II, Statics, and one or two more upper-division math courses.
I am fully excited about my venture into the corporate world through Centene. It's quite different from my social science jobs and there are many many aspects I really enjoy. Should I ever decide on a specific career path, I think I would really enjoy a career within a (or this) corporation.
Emily is thriving in Kindergarten. She recently received 3 awards at her school's red carpet assembly, two for behavior and one for academics. She loves school despite her current fear of the lunch lady and her disputes with her friend and desk neighbor. She is reading and doing rudimentary mathematics. I am so darn proud of her.
Andrew is loving preschool. His current interests include legos, Ninjago toys, and the Lego movie. Legos have replaced fire trucks for his passion. He is also doing very well in preschool. His teachers cannot heap enough praise on him and his behavior and his kind and happy attitude. He makes everyone smile around him - especially his parents.
Amelia is also loving preschool. She is still all two which means many tantrums many times a day and a desire to create chaos wherever she goes. But her teachers love her and her sweet demeanor. I understand because this sweet girl makes me feel super happy. I enjoy that she still likes to snuggle next to me at night.
Ben is enjoying his job and has really stepped up in helping me through this new semester with the recently acquired jobs and the craziness that has brought (I end up working around 48hrs/week on top of 11 credits at school). He is master of the night routine and continues to cook up healthy, delicious meals nightly. He is the best dad to his kids and they completely adore him. He will sit and build many things with Andrew, collaborate with Emily on art or cooking projects, and chases Amelia around the house. On top of that, he holds Family Literacy Night each day. I really lucked out in marrying him.
And besides wishing I could sleep a little more and have a few more days off a month - as I often go weeks without a day off - I really enjoy this life that Ben and I have created together. Our house is slowly coming together, our schedules are consistently chaotic, and we are building up friendships. But we are happy, healthy, and in love with each other and adore our beautiful children.
Hopefully my next update with occur sooner than later and with more pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment