That is why I love being a mom: I get to dress up and play with my perfect, little, real life, "doll".
Header
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Why I Love Being A Mom, Part 2: Playing Dress-up
I have never really liked Halloween-except for the candy. I used to get embarrassed because I could never think of creative costumes like my friends did. However, I could alsways find a beautiful and creative outfit for my dolls. Now I know the problem isn't necessarily that I am not creative, I just don't like to create things for myself. When we found out about our ward's trunk and treat, I knew that I would have the perfect opportunity to dress up Emily. Her Great Aunt Julie had already given us a little Halloween outfit. I was super excited. The problem: It was newborn size. Oh well, I thought, It will just have to fit over her head. And miraculously, it did. Of course a few tears were shed, but she looked so darn cute that I believed it was worth it. Wouldn't you agree?
That is why I love being a mom: I get to dress up and play with my perfect, little, real life, "doll".
That is why I love being a mom: I get to dress up and play with my perfect, little, real life, "doll".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ohhhhh what a perfect little "doll". Amber she is getting so big! SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!! By the way you look amazing my friend! Motherhood fits you perfectly! And I am with you. There is nothing funner than dressing up little princesses. Well, I guess until they decide to do it themselves! LOL!
Ohh she looks sooooooo sweet! It looks like it fits her perfectly. So did you get lots of candy? You can always share that candy with me!!
I'm glad the effort of getting on the cute outfit was worth it in the end. Who knew she'd grow so fast :o) She looks frighteningly cute!!!!
Post a Comment