Header

Header

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Any Advice?

We went to beautiful San Francisco this weekend. It was so much fun seeing all the sights! That post will be rather lengthy, so I am saving it for another day.
Poor baby was running a 103 degree temperature the night before we were to go to San Fran. We were getting really worried, but called upon the wisest people we know for direction: our parents. Since Tylenol was not breaking the fever, our parents suggested motrin. So, we ran to the store (one of three trips that night) and got some motrin. We fed her frozen yogurt and kept her in her diaper. Finally, an hour or so later, her fever began to subside. We were so glad! I have heard about how breaking a tooth, or teeth in the Queen's case, can bring about a multitude of symptoms, but that fever was the worst. Her appetite has been poor because of her sore gums, so we have been giving her as much liquids as she will take. It is worst at night. We had been used to her sleeping through the night, but we have been reminded of what it used to be like. It doesn't bother me too much, I just feel so bad for the girl!!
She is still so happy despite her pain.




Lately, I have been struggling with some cramping pains, especially after I do something like chase after the Queen or go on a walk. They don't start immediately after strenuous activities, but start in the evening. I know it could be pre-term labor, but should I be worried? Since we are in CA, I call my ob/gyn but don't want to fork out the cash to visit an ob here if I don't have to. Any advice???? I know that I can be an anxious person, but I have been pretty good during pregnancy. That is what got me into trouble with the Queen, the reason why my appendix wasn't caught earlier. If you have experienced this, your input would be much appreciated!

5 comments:

Paul and Shannie said...

Poor Ems, that has got to be hard watching her be sick! I obviously don't have experience, but would say you need to take it easy if you can Amber. Maybe this can help:

http://www.marchofdimes.com/prematurity/21239_5809.asp

Are you drinking enough water?

Tara said...

I am so sorry. A sick baby is the worst... So sad. Also, I'm sorry about the cramps. I had terrible cramping at the beginning of my pregnancy, and from everything I read online, it seems somewhat normal... I'll keep you in my prayers.

Munson Family said...

Well Amber,

When I was pregnant, I layed on my bed for 9 months and Mom served me. Maybe Ben can do that for you!

Dad

You are a trooper and will probably be fine if you just pay attention to your body and rest when it tells you to, which is what the cramping is telling you to do!

Love ya!

Jessica Thornock said...

I hope things get better! I's sorry I can't help you, unless I can do research for you.

Ben said...

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the advice! I could not find any websites, but Shannie your website told me everything I needed to know!