Queen News
First, the Queen is getting her first teeth!! Yay! She has two (B. says three) teeth coming in at the bottom! Two little buds are visible, at least to the proud parents. She has been a little fussy because of the pain. Poor baby has been miserable. But, we are so excited! This means she will be able to eat a greater variety of foods.
Second, the Queen's language has exploded! She now meows, barks, mimics bird sounds, and repeats words. She says "daddy," "mama," and "Jared" (B.'s step brother's name). She is close to saying "dog" and "kitty." She is pretty much brilliant.
Finally, the Queen loves to climb up the stairs, with us watching. She will sit on the the third stair, yell "daddy", and wait for us to come over. She is so close to walking. She can stand up on her own (without support), walk along furniture, and take little steps. Naturally, she still prefers crawling to walking.
The Queen is so happy! I used to think it would be easy to capture her smiles, but it isn't. Just check out this picture. You would never know she was giggling a second before.
When I have help I can get her smile.
This is a smile/sneeze. Cute eh?!?!
You all well know the Queen's aversion to cuddling with anyone. We can trick hugs out of her. For example, B. will steal her from her crib at night on occasion because she is a snuggle bug when she is sleeping.
The Queen and I love being back with B. He is such an amazing father and husband! He is so sweet! I adore how much he loves his daughter.
Pregnancy News
This little baby is quite active! I thought that this next baby might be a little more relaxed than the Queen, but I guess we have another monkey cooking. The Queen will love all the action! Sometimes I struggle with getting up because of the position of the baby, it is a little weird.
I love being pregnant, feeling all the movements of the special person inside of me. I must confess, however, pregnancies are really waxing on my body. I feel so drained. I know that the second trimester is supposed to provide an increase in energy for the average pregnant woman, but it just doesn't work for me. I would think that being young and in shape my body would flow happily with the changes. I guess not. I am still very grateful for this baby. I could not do this whole thing without B.'s help. He is so willing to take care of the Queen so that I can sleep or just lie down. I love him so much.
I can't wait to meet our precious baby. Since we are in Sacramento, away from my OB, we must wait until we get back to find out what we are having, in the beginning of August. I know, I would love to find out now! It's even more frustrating knowing that last week would have been our ultrasound appointment.
What do I think we are having? Sorry, that is a secret. I may think one way or another, but I am keeping all thoughts to myself.
I definitely popped out this past week. Woo-hoo. I finally graduated from wearing jeans to maternity clothes.
You will have to excuse me while I struggle with exhaustion. Even little activities wear me out. At least I can eat now!
3 comments:
Teeth! Words! WOO-HOO!!!
G and N
Ah she is growing up! I think you are one tough woman too, you have such a wonderful outlook despite tough pregnancies! Way to go!
-Shan
Wow when did this hair start to grow and it is actually red!! YAY EMILY!!!
Post a Comment