Header

Header

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Colic

Wondering why I haven't posted lately? One word: colic. Yep. Manly has colic. Like really bad. Screaming all day and long into the night. It is kind of rough.

Lots and lots of this.




Remember when the Queen had it? Don't? Well here's a reminder (click!).

I am trying to avoid milk so as to not upset his tummy. It is slightly working.


The hardest part, for me, is juggling his crying with the Queen's needs. What do I do when both want to be held?

A lot of this.


I am tired.

Mr. B. has finals.

I wrote this poem for another site and thought I'd share it with you. Warning: It has a curse word.

Today I Feel
A poem by Ambrosia

Today I feel frustrated.

There are clothes on the couch,
Dishes in the sink,
Beds to be made,
And laundry that stinks.

Manly has colic.
I really crave sleep.
He's up all night long!
I rock, and I weep.

I just want to shower
and wash away the dried spit-up.
But, here I sit
with crying babies in my lap.

Today I feel sad.

Mr. B is in school
with really tough classes
he works and he works
but the teachers are asses.

He comes home and cleans
After a really long day
He expects nothing from me
And makes sure I'm okay.

I feel upset as I sit and I breastfeed.
It is my responsibility
To keep the house clean,
But I have babies that need me.

Today I feel ready.

The world is my oyster
Rather than cry and pout
I will do what needs done
And stand up and shout!

I can take on life's vicissitudes
With courage and strength
I am a woman (and mother)
Who knows no restraint.

Fear and sadness be gone!
I can make it through
The tough day today
And laugh while I do!

Today I feel glad.

I have two healthy babies
A husband that loves me
A nice, warm, apartment
With clothes and food aplenty.

The little miracles each day
That help me remember
A loving Heavenly Father
Who will always be there.

I have wonderful friends
Both virtual and real.
With pure, perfect, wisdom
They help me to heal.


Life has plenty of rough patches
With heartache and pain.
Yet, we survive them all
Like it ain't no thang.

We have good days, we have bad days.
No matter which one,
We have the choice to be winners
Or the choice to lose and to run.

What will you make of today?
With its ups and downs,
Will you choose to stand up?
Or will you fall down?

Whatever your decision
Just know this one truth
There is always a friend
Who will help you recoup.

3 comments:

Steve said...

I love you Amber!

Dad

Tyler and Carisa said...

You are great! I've never experienced your exact situation, but I think we all have days where we feel like we are lacking and unable to change the hand we've been dealt. It's just nice to know that we aren't alone during these times and these experiences.

I hope your little guy starts feeling better. I don't know of anything more draining than crying babies - especially when there isn't anything you can do to make them feel better.

jill 'E' jam said...

I remember those days Amber! My Charity (#5) had colic and I thought I would lose my mind walking in endless circles in the front room. I told my husband I was going to wear a hole through the carpet and floor and fall right through to the basement!
I have repeated those difficult days of babies. I have a 1 yo and a 2 yo. It is SOO demanding, plus the other four who need me. Hang in there and watch for those snapshots of heaven. Hold on to them! You are doing a GREAT thing! :) Love you!!