Header

Header

Monday, March 31, 2014

Spring Break and Feeeeeelings










We returned from our trip to Boise last Thursday and since them I am feeling ALL THE FEELS.  I spent half the trip scheming various ways to live and work in Boise.  I convinced Ben to search for jobs as I searched for graduate programs though I knew it was futile; being around family reminded me how much I am missing all of them.  I am now on a mission to convince my family to move to my city.  Surely it won't be that difficult, right?

Other than a severe bought of home sickness, we had the greatest time visiting with family.  The kids fell in love with my parent's dogs and were thrilled by all the attention they received from everyone.  Emily and Andrew had constant playmates who jumped on the trampoline with them, read stories to them, and played at the park.  We spent the majority of our time outside and have healthy sunburns to prove it.  Because of the time difference and daylight savings time, the passing of time was contorted enough that we were often outside past 8 and eating dinner around 9.  This proved acceptable since the kids snacked throughout the day.

The highlights of my trip included seeing and hugging my brother Austin for the first time in 4 years and meeting his beautiful wife (and seeing her baby bump!); hugging my brother Aaron who is fresh off his mission and being there when (or immediately after) he proposed to his lovely girlfriend Jessica; meeting my niece Beyla and loving on her brother (my nephew) Brody; and hanging out with all my siblings.  The kids love all their aunts and uncles and developed pretty special bonds with Alivia, Kaden, and Abby.

Miss Amelia was decided against being anywhere further than 1 foot from me.  Should any aunt, uncle, or grandparent attempt to hold her she would immediately throw a fit and scream "mommy!"  This only increased their desire to break through her shell (though the attempt proved unfruitful, unfortunately).

It was a perfect trip and my only regret is we can't see them more often.

1 comment:

Susan Turner Educational Services said...

I'm so glad you guys had a nice trip. And it is indeed hard to leave a loving and welcoming family after a visit! Truly the best to be with loved ones…
higs, Aunt Sue